Monday, September 19, 2005

Loving enough to let go

For those of you who may not know this I love to be in control. I like to know where I am going, how I am getting there, how long it is going to take and if I am going to be required to stop at every bathroom and point of interest along the way. God being so kind and gracious let's me know somethings like I am going to be in nursing school for the next three years and then it's a surprise. (I had to wait two years to get this direction in life, I think I wore him out with asking, ha ha). The hardest thing he asks me to do is to embrace hurting people, build them up with his love and insight and then let them go on to impact others. These people are friends whom I love, but can not keep. I am at a point with one of my newer friends that I can either continue to use the gifts God has given me or I can just not risk anything and continue on having a pleasant shallow friendship. I know that I shall choose to risk, but it doesn't make it any easier. I am glad to be trusted and safe. For two years God trained me through Tim and Darcy and SAI how to be a safe, loving, loved and engaged person. Thanks I know that was the path that God had me on. I'm diving in!
p.s. does anyone know how I can add your blogs to my list?

2 comments:

Moose said...

Hey You...(hey that sounds like a song :) yeah giving up control of one's life to someone we cannot necessarily see or sometimes feel can be a daunting task. Risking all to do God's work...yup that is a hard one...getting outta the boat and on to the water...but risk builds faith I have found. You are probably one of the most enthusiastic participants in this thing called life I have ever met. I Encourage you to springboard off that enthusiasm into using your spiritual gifts to the max in risky faith. The rewards far outweigh the risk...It does hurt to build into someone's life and then release them for sure, but I want to encourage you that the faith it builds and the knowledge that you are smack dab in the middle of God's will is worth it! In other news...As for adding blogs to your link list, you have to do that in settings, in your template. Where it says edit me in the gobble-dee-gook code...that is where you change the code to other people's links. Hope this helps...God Bless -Moose

andrew + camille said...

Hey..

i added you to my blog, hope that's alright.
i enjoyed your blog about not trying to please everyone. i appreciate that! cuz i have major problems with trying to keep everyone happy. i get extremely overwhelmed with that.

Anyways, it's great to have u back. just rest in being yourself, cuz we all love u.