Thursday, December 15, 2005

Moving Mountains

I had a dream last night and have been avoiding writing it down because if it is not written down it didn't really happen. Well anyways I was dreaming that Greg Mitchell came back to speak at our church and I had this picture that all of us(the whole of humanity) are walking on mountains. Then God drew this line from me to this other person and it was representing what God requires of me with other people. Then there was this other line that went up into heaven and then out to the other person and it was all filled in like a pie graph. That was representing what God does. I just have this little tiny part called obedience and then he does the rest. I am scared to share my faith, because I do not want to be rejected, so I reject others before they can reject me. The other part to the dream was the Greg was preaching and said "do you know why we ease into things? Because were lazy." I was thinking about it and really it does take work to engage in friendships and to speak. If we just sit at home and do nothing we do not use up energy and it requires less effort to feed ourselves spiritually. But getting food for two or three people requires more work and the food runs out faster so you have to go "shopping" at God's grocery store more often.

God is the one who moves the mountain I just have to tell it to go throw itself in the see. No biggy! ha ha

4 comments:

Moose said...

Wow...what an awesome picture of obedience and God's power...He can do so much more with the little we do than we can think or imagine. Wow. I just want to encourage you that is can be scary and daunting to share your faith, but when you do, God comes on you through His Grace and empowers you in such power that He gives the the words to say, at that point, when God is using you, if they reject those words, they are rejecting God. You must not take that personally. They are rejecting who is inside you, not you personally. I encourage you to step out onto the water and you will find that He is Right there. Yes, it takes work to engage in relationships, to overcome the fear of speaking, but it is SO worth it! Go tell that mountain to jump into the sea. You have the faith. Love ya! -Moose

Trail Rider said...

gee.....I wonder what moose's spiritual gift is?????????
could it possibly be encouragement????????
DUH LOL

You'll have to share that dream with me in person girl....

THACI said...

I had a dream too! It was about being healed. I do not know what from or anything, but it was this totally real dream.
This seems to be the week of dreams

Anonymous said...

Okay...this is probably totally off topic but you have to check out a little editting I've done to my blog. Look on the left hand side and what do you see? Yah...just a little pumped!