Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Africa, the Bridge & ER

What to do, what to do? I am super excited to start my practicum at the Bridge on 20th. Working with Linda and the gang is going to be awesome. I am excited to figure out what God wants me to do there.

I have been thinking about Africa more lately, probably because one of the women I met up here is from Zambia. Two of her brother are touring around the US and Canada. However, in thinking about Africa I have been thinking about the role I could play with my nursing. The question than arises of how do i get the experience I need to do what I need to do. I was thinking about the ER. I would see a lot of things and learn a lot of things that would help me to deal with some of the emergencies I would encounter. If someone walks up to me with a knife wound I want to know what to do, if I encounter a sick child I want to know what to do. I guess I will start researching where I can learn what I need to learn. I would also like to learn more about AIDS and the drugs and care involved with caring for that population.

I have friends in Botswana right now and seeing their pictures make me want to go sooner than later. I told her I was coming next year. I am still planning on it.

I was listening to a sermon by Erwin McManus and he was talking about going unless you get a no. I like it.

So much excitement in life.

No comments: