Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A New Day

I am amazed, no, in awe this week of His mercies that are new every morning. I think it is wonderful that I can wake up and start all over every 24 hours. I was struck the other morning with how yesterday was gone and today was the day. No matter what happened yesterday I get to start today with new choices and ideas. I can start off my day with a lovely bowl of oatmeal and a cup of tea or a croissant with coffee or I could fast if I wanted too. I am drinking the tea, so I think I'll go with the oatmeal.

I am also in love with new beginnings. Mondays, 1st day of the month, first day of the 4 week cycle, spring, summer, autumn, winter. Everyday is a new design. I can throw off everything that hindered me yesterday and begin brand new today. Oh yah I find grocery shopping to be a new beginning, I love making better choices than the previous trip:)

This is the one problem with being single. You make all this delicious food and than you don't want to see it again after you ate it for the 4th meal in a row. I did however find a solution to this problem. Swap your meal with your basement dwellers, highly recommended. I think as far as baking goes I am going to have to start giving it away. I love to bake and I just don't eat it fast enough.

That's all for now. Blessing and mercies new!

3 comments:

Lei Carver said...

Nicely written. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Mind if I follow? You can follow mine too if you like :)

http://schnookum.blogspot.com/

Princess Warrior said...

Ms. Ryterski, you can follow. Thanks for asking.

Kathleen's Blog said...

This post was refreshing and...hopeful!! Thanks, Sherry, for sharing God's awesomeness :)