Saturday, December 18, 2010

Perspective

These are apples. Well okay maybe they are red pears. My good friend and I were having a beautiful dinner and this picture was hanging on the wall behind her. We both thought they were apples. It wasn't until our meal was done almost 3 hours later that we realized that in fact they were red pears.

Sometimes we see ourselves as an apple but really we are a pear and there is nothing I could say to convince you that in fact you are an apple. Our eyes and minds are faulty. What we see is not what is true. I need God's eyes to replace mine.

I recently got a new CD it's called "Joy". The lyrics of one song in particular struck me they were this,

I knew what I was getting into when I called you.
I knew what I was getting into when I said your name, but I said it just the same.
I knew what I was getting into and I still want you.
I knew what I was getting into.
...
And I am not shocked by your weakness.
And I am not shocked even by your sin.
And I am not shocked by your brokenness.
...
Just don't give up.
And don't give in.
If you don't quit. You win, you win.

Just don't give up.
And don't give in.
If you don't quit. You win, you win.

Everything is in my hands.
It's going to be alright.
Everything is in my hands.
It's going to be alright.
It's going to be okay.
Everything is in my hands.
It's going to be alright.
It's going to be okay.

And you don't have to pretend to be something or someone you're not.
Cuz I know you better than that, even better than that.
Listen my Beloved...

I could write out more of this song but this portion captures what I want to say. How wonderful and amazing is it that I am loved by someone who knows all the blackness and distortion and still calls my name. He pursues me and desires me. I am my Beloved's and He is mine.


No comments: